Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Monkey Munch

Monkey Munch!! It is such a sweet and crunchy snack that all of your little monkeys will love.  No matter how old they are.  You may know this snack by some other name, such as muddy buddy or puppy chow. But my family prefers Monkey Munch.

This is straight off of the Chex cereal box, it is not my recipe at all. But I do sometimes substitute store brand cereal or Crispix cereal. My daughter even used Life cereal once. Whatever I have, I will use.  It all tastes good so it really doesn't matter to me.  



9 cups Chex cereal (any crispy waffle type cereal)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Put cereal in a large bowl and put aside.
Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a quart-sized microwavable bowl. Stir together.
Microwave on "high" for one minute. Stir the mixture again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.  Add the vanilla and then stir in the cereal. Put the combination into 2 gallon sized zip top bags along with the powdered sugar. (3/4 cups sugar in each bag)  Seal the bag and shake to coat cereal mixture.  Keep in airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy.


No comments: