Monday, January 20, 2014

Easy Snacks



Having some healthier snacks on hand for you and your family is sometimes key. 
I usually have cut up cheese. My family likes Kerry Gold and Cheddar cheese cut up. It is great for a snack or to throw in with their eggs or to make a quesadilla.
I almost always have carrots and celery cut up, and if they don't eat it, I throw it in a stew or soup after at the end of the week. 
Seasonal fruit is good too. Pineapple and watermelon is great to cut up and snack on.  
I usually don't wash my berries until I am ready to use them because they seem to get too soft. 
 It is easy to do this in an hour on a not so busy day and it makes life a little easier.  I sometimes just take the lid off and put it on the dinner table. If someone can't wait until dinner and they can snack on them.  Then the lid goes on and it goes back in the fridge.  It makes it very easy for anyone to take a quick snack when they come in from work, school, or errands.  And it also makes lunches easier to pack.  
I also like these square and rectangular glass containers.  They are great to stack in the fridge or in the pantry. They are easy to clean, either by hand or in the dishwasher. I like them so much better than plastic.  

No comments: