Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Apple Celery Slaw

January 1, 2014!!  Wow, a new year has begun. Let's hope that is a happy and healthy year for everyone.  I know that many people make a list of resolutions for the new year. And many have the same ones from year to year. The top resolution?? To lose weight/eat better, right.  Well I hope that this little recipe will fit right along with this resolution.  It is just a quick little slaw that is light and refreshing. My only problem is that I can't eat it. I have a pesky allergy to apples. But it doesn't stop me from making this. It smells wonderful and refreshing.Granny smith apples are so crisp and crunchy and add some crunchy celery and this little number will surely quench your church appetite.  
The original recipe calls for sour cream, but I did not have any, a quick substitute of evaporated milk will surely be fine.  


Apple Celery Slaw

1/4 c evaporated milk
3 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced into matchsticks
1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks

Combine the first 4 ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Add the celery and apple sticks. Toss until everything is well coated.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.




No comments: