Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hard Boiled Egg



I know this may seem silly to some. But others have no idea how to boil an egg. I have done them many ways in the past until I adopted the method that I use now.  

Place eggs in a large pot, cover with cold water. Place on the stove over medium heat until boiling. Immediately turn off the heat and cover. Let sit covered for 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice water. Let sit until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs under cool running water. Refrigerate peeled in an airtight container.


This way there is a quick and convienetly healthy snack in the fridge whenever someone needs.  My girls do NOT like this, and they hate the look of them in the container. My boys think it is weird, but have no problem eating them.  And since they are already peeled, I don't find shells in the sink or trash at weird times of the day.  Another win-win situation.

No comments: