Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Baked Cod with thyme

Even when my kids have something to do, like a hockey game today, I like to have a healthy dinner at home when they are done.  With a little planning it is easily done.  This dinner was easily put together  and everyone ate together. It was a win-win dinner.  And yes, my daughter's team won too!  
I would have preferred fresh cod, but I only had frozen so that had to do. Either would work fine. 

4  6oz cod fillets 
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Olive oil for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, minced
Leaves of a few sprigs of thyme, lightly chopped
Sea salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400. 
Rinse of the cod fillets and place in a glass baking pan.  
Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the fillets.
Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
Evenly sprinkle the minced garlic and chopped thyme.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until the fish is opaque.


I served this with steamed broccoli and macaroni and cheese.  Substitute whatever your family likes. 


No comments: