Saturday, October 12, 2013

Barbecue Brisket







My family loves BBQ Brisket.  The last time I made it, my oldest had a few of his friends over and everyone enjoyed it.
I got the recipe a few years ago when I went to Wegmans. They were giving samples and it was so good that I had to try it.
I use any flavor barbecue sauce that I have on hand. I happened to have STUBB'S today. 

4-6 lbs boneless brisket
salt and pepper
flour
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tsp Better than Bullion Beef Base
1 bottle (18 oz) Barbecue Sauce


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the brisket in half, season with salt and pepper and dust lightly with the flour.
Heat oil on a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Working with one half of the brisket at a time. Sear the brisket on each side until paper-bag brown. Keep browned halves on a clean plate until needed.
Add the beef base to the water, stirring to combine.  Add this to the pot, loosening the browned bits with a wooden spoon.  Cook until reduced by half. Stir in barbecue sauce.
Return brisket halves to pan  Cover and place in the oven. Cook for about 3 hours, until meat is fork tender.
Transfer brisket to a serving platter. Cut thick slices making sure to cut against the grain.  Skim fat from the sauce, cook an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
Serve with the barbecue sauce.

No comments: