Thursday, May 9, 2013

Roasted Chicken

This is a simple little lunch post.  Ever since my son started wresting this fall this is all he wanted for lunch.  He came home one day and said that Coach said not to eat store bought sliced lunch eat because of all of the additives they have in them.  Coach said to eat healthy, salad, tuna, peanut butter, real meat (not processed). And my son took this very serious. My son is also very lean and lanky with only 3% body fat. But I went along with it.  And I absolutely love it! My daughter only wants roasted chicken too. Although the other daughter eats Nutella sandwiches every single school day. She hates how meat and cheese get when they sit in a lunch bag.
This chicken is also great for anafterschool snack in a quesadilla. Just heat up a few tortillas, add some grated cheese with the chicken and your good to go. 

I change the seasoning sometimes, but they really always ask for just salt and pepper. I add some variety by using different breads, rolls, and wraps. Also by adding cucumber, arugula, spinach and lettuce.

He also insisted on no mayo or mustard anymore. I sometimes spread a little butter or cheese spread on the bread. And different cheeses. She likes American and he likes Cooper Sharp. 

Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chicken breasts ( boneless, and skinless)

Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Place chicken on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken . Let cool and store in a container in the fridge. Slice it thinly to use on sandwiches or quesadillas.

No comments: