Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Freezing tips

 It is always nice to have a well stocked freezer. It helps with those hectic days that all of us have. I have found that for me personally, I love freezer bags.  I put everything in them. I use them for extra gravy, spaghetti sauce, soup, bread, rolls, leftovers, and quick freezer meals. I divide large packages of meat into serving sizes for different meals. Remember to always label the bags before you put the food in with a Sharpie marker.The trick is to seal them up really well ( yes, I have had accidents with a spilt bag of spaghetti sauce) and lay them flat to freeze.  When they are frozen just stack them like books on a shelf. When you make your selection, simply place the bag in a container in the fridge overnight and it usually is defrosted enough to make dinner. Sometimes I just put the semi-defrosted for into the crockpot and forget about it. So simple.

No comments: