Friday, March 15, 2013

Heavenly Halibut

I love trying new things, and when I found this simple recipe, I was hooked.  But my daughter are not. So, when I have this, they just have to find something else. I like the texture of Halibut (or Cod) and that is exactly what they do not like.  It is a quick and easy meal to cook up when you are in a hurry. I also have made the topping and put it in a bag separate from the fish and froze them together for a  meal at a later date.  I served it with some roasted zucchini and squash and some noodles. 

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 TBSP butter, softened
2 TBSP mayo (light or Miracle Whip is fine)
1 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP chopped green onion
1/4 tsp salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce
2  pounds skinless halibut fillets (or Cod)

     Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
     In a small bowl, mix the cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
     Arrange the halibut fillets on prepared sheet.
     Broil the fillets for 8 minutes, or until easily flakes with a fork.  Spread with the cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.

No comments: