Thursday, September 5, 2013

Banana Muffins

Today is the first day of school for my kids, so they need a treat, right?? Of course. So today I made one of my banana muffin recipes. I made cute little mini muffins. They are so good to pack in lunches, or to have as a snack after school or before a practice. And they do well in the freezer too. 

2!/2 cups flour
1 cup Sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 TBSP oil
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
optional
   toasted chopped nuts
   chocolate chips

 Combine all ingredients (except nuts or chips) in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute.  Add the nuts and/or chips and stir with a spatula until mixed.  
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. 

30-35 minutes for 4 mini loaves
10-12 minutes for mini muffins
1 hour for large loaf

I have used either toasted pecans or walnuts and they are both fantastic. And I usually use mini chocolate chips.  Enjoy.

No comments: